TD Canada Trust provides a weekly economic highlight report that we choose to share with our clients and those who follow us. This is an easy place to stay current on the broader economic conditions in Canada and the U.S. so that you are better informed to make stronger decisions around your own real estate investments. We are always available to answer any questions or walk through your real estate investment goals for now or in the future.
- Housing data for May suggests that residential investment is set to grow for the first time in five quarters.
- At least two rate cuts are priced in for the U.S. Federal Reserve, the bar remains high for a rate cut in Canada. Absent a realization of downside risks, don’t bet on a rate cut by the Bank of Canada this year.
- A potential trade war between U.S. and Mexico was averted, but global trade uncertainty remains.
- Despite markets pricing in rate cuts, domestic indicators suggest that the U.S. economy is on decent footing. Inflation remains stubbornly low, however.
- The Fed rate decision next week is clouded by conflicting signals, but we believe it will likely feature an easing bias.